Ronald Rudnicki Curriculum Vitae (October 17, 2007)
Ontology Research Group (ORG)
Referent Tracking Unit (RTU)
New York State Center of Excellence in
Bioinformatics & Life Sciences
701 Ellicott Street, suite B2-165
Buffalo NY 14203
office: (716) 881-8981
fax: (716) 849-6890
Ron has an M.A. in Philosophy from the
University at Buffalo and a
B.A. in Mathematics from Canisius College.
He joined the RTU from Gartner where he was a software engineer developing a business intelligence application that
supports Gartner�s IT Benchmarking service.
Acting as the business process analyst of the RTU, Ron analyzes the electronic healthcare record related business process requirements
for all healthcare and associated enterprises in the wider Buffalo area.
- M.A. in Philosophy, The University at Buffalo (Buffalo, NY), 1992
- B.A. in Mathematics, Canisius College (Buffalo, NY), 1993
- Rudnicki, R., Ceusters, W., Manzoor, S., & Smith, B. "What Particulars are Referred to in EHR Data? A Case Study in Integrating Referent Tracking into an Electronic Health Record Application," Proceedings of 2007 American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Annual Symposium: Chicago, IL, 2007.
- Manzoor, S., Ceusters, W., & Rudnicki, R. "A Middleware Approach to Integrate Referent Tracking in EHR Systems," Proceedings of AMIA Annual Symposium: Chicago, IL, 2007.
- Manzoor S., Ceusters, W., & Rudnicki, R. "Implementation of a Referent Tracking System," International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics (IJHISI), 2007, 2(4): 41-58.
- Corcoran, J. & Rudnicki, R. "Review of Anellis, I. Forty Years of �Unnatural� Natural Deduction and Quantification: A History of First-Order Systems of Natural Deduction from Gentzen to Copi," Mathematical Reviews, 1994, (94m): 03004a.
- 1987-1995: Adjunct Associate Professor of Philosophy at Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
- 1995-1997: Software Quality Assurance Analyst at ClientLogic, Nashville, TN
- 1997-2000: Database Programmer at SofTrek Corporation, Buffalo, NY
- 2000-2006: Software Engineer at Gartner, Stamford, CT
- 2006-Present: Business Process Analyst for the Referent Tracking Unit, Buffalo, NY
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design, ObjectSpace, Buffalo, NY: 1996
- Object Oriented Programming using Smalltalk, ObjectSpace, Buffalo, NY: 1996
- Testing Object Oriented Software Systems, Software Architects, Orlando, FL: 1996
- Fundamentals of Bioscience Industry Program, Center of Biotechnology, SUNY Stonybrook: 2007
- Member of the American Medical Informatics Association 2007