Shahid Manzoor Curriculum Vitae
Referent Tracking Unit (RTU)
New York State Center of Excellence in
Bioinformatics & Life Sciences
701 Ellicott Street, suite B2-160
Buffalo NY 14203
smanzoor AT buffalodot edu
office: (716) 881-8975
Shahid Manzoor has a MSc Computer Science degree from Saarland University, Germany. Prior to coming to Buffalo, he was a full time researcher at Institute for Formal Ontology and Medical Information Science in Germany.
Currently, he is Senior Programmer/Analyst in Referent Tracking Unit implementing a prototype Referent Tracking System (RTS) using client-server,
peer-2-peer and webservices architectural technologies. He is also involved in the integration strategies (especially using middleware approach) implementation
of the RTS with EHR applications.
- MSc Computer Science, Saarland University, Saarbrucken-Germany, 2002-2005.
- Master of Computer Science (MCS), The National College, Lahore-Pakistan, 1996-1998.
|2000-2002||Software Engineer, AZM Computer Services Pvt Ltd, Lahore, Pakistan.|
|2002-2005||Research Assitant, ActiveMath Group, Germany Institute for Artifitial Intelligence, Saarbruecken, Germany.|
|2005-2006||Researcher (Software Engineer), Institute for Formal Ontology and Medical Information Science (IFOMIS), Saarland University Germany.|
|2006-||Researcher (Sr. Programmer/Analyst), Referent Tracking Unit, New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Buffalo NY, USA. .|
|2006-||Referent Tracking Unit. Startup grant from the NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences ($450,000, co-PI)|
|2007-2009||UB Task force for Ontology-based IT Support for Large Scale Field Studies in Psychiatry. John R. Oishei Foundation ($148,328, co-PI)|
|2009-||Realism-based versioning for biomedical ontologies. co-PI (total funding: $285,300 from the National Library of Medicine, NIH) (project description)|
|2007||Member of the American Medical Informatics Association.|
|2008-||Member of the International Association of Science and Technology for Development.|
- Ceusters W, Smith B, Manzoor S. R-6182 Referent Tracking. Provisional patent application filed by Hodgon Russ LLP under Docket No 011520.00632; Priority Application Serial No. 60/963,736 filed August 7, 2007.
- Ceusters W, Smith B, Manzoor S. Referent Tracking of Portions of Reality. Patent pending, application filed by Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C., Docket No. 1097.015A, August 6, 2008
- Manzoor S, Ceusters W, Rudnicki R. Implementation of a Referent Tracking System. International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics 2007;2(4):41-58. ( summary, full paper).
- Manzoor S, Libbrecht P, Melis E, Ullrich C. Authoring Presentation for OpenMath. In Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Mathematical Knowledge Management, LNCS 3863, Springer Verlag , 2006. (draft)
- Rudnicki R, Ceusters W, Manzoor S, Smith B. What Particulars are Referred to in EHR Data? A Case Study in Integrating Referent Tracking into an Electronic Health Record Application. In Teich JM, Suermondt J, Hripcsak C. (eds.), American Medical Informatics Association 2007 Annual Symposium Proceedings, Biomedical and Health Informatics: From Foundations to Applications to Policy, Chicago IL, 2007;:630-634. (abstract,draft)
- Manzoor S, Ceusters W, Rudnicki R. A Middleware Approach to Integrate Referent Tracking in EHR Systems. In Teich JM, Suermondt J, Hripcsak C. (eds.), American Medical Informatics Association 2007 Annual Symposium Proceedings, Biomedical and Health Informatics: From Foundations to Applications to Policy, Chicago IL, 2007;:503-507.(abstract,draft)
- Manzoor S, Ceusters W, Rudnicki R, Arp R. The Referent Tracking System as a Peer to Peer Application. In: Khoshgoftaar T (ed.) Proceedings of The Ninth IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications (SEA 2008), Orlando, Florida, USA, November 16-18, 2008. Acta Press, Anaheim, Calgary, Zurich, 2008;:112-117. (paper,reviews)
- Ceusters W, Manzoor S. Ontology-based version management of websites. InterOntology 2009, February 27 � March 1, Tokyo, Japan (forthcoming). (draft)
- Manzoor S, Ceusters W, Smith B. Referent Tracking for Command and Control Messaging Systems. Ontology for the Intelligence Community 2009 (OIC-2009), Fairfax Virginia, October 21-22, 2009. (paper, slides)
- Ceusters W, Manzoor S. How to track absolutely everything? In: Obrst L, Janssen T, Ceusters W (eds.) Ontologies and Semantic Technologies for the Intelligence Community. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. IOS Press Amsterdam, 2009 (forthcoming). (final draft)
- Manzoor S. Master Thesis, Saarland University, 2005.(draft)